Brown Baby Lullaby is an Amazon Best Book of the Month!
Any group of people (families, friends, classmates, organizations, existing book clubs) can sign up to participate in this wonderful, service-oriented endeavor. Per the website, the idea is as follows:
“In a new twist on the traditional book club, Little Free Library’s Action Book Club™ invites participants to read books on timely topics, engage in lively discussions, and take part in meaningful—and fun—group service projects to benefit their communities. This is reading and social engagement at its best.
After completing a service project, participants can share their experiences online with other Action Book Club members. Through trading stories, ideas, and successes, participants will contribute to a national conversation and inspire others to take action in their own neighborhoods.
The Action Book Club’s current theme is Good Neighbors, which celebrates the power of community, kindness, and taking action where you live.”
For more information on the program and how to register, visit LittleFreeLibrary.org/ActionBookClub
Emerging from depths of silence, I am, to announce two pieces of good news:
- I am now a member of the Gallt & Zacker Literary Agency, represented by the extraordinary Marietta Zacker! Yaaay me!
- We’ve already sold a new book together! The working title is BROWN BABY LULLABY and will be illustrated by the amazingly talented AG Ford!
Needless to say, I am feeling excited, thankful and extremely blessed.
My Cold Plum Lemon Pie Bluesy Mood is a
Still in shock….
JAMIE MADE THE CUT!My Cold Plum Lemon Pie Bluesy Mood is a 2013-2014 Abilene ISD Mockingbird Award Nominee
ANDOn the New York Public Library’s 2013 list of 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing!
I’m feeling so neon orange right about now. 😀
…an online book tour for my new book, MY COLD PLUM LEMON PIE BLUESY MOOD! No matter where you are in the world, you can join me:
1. Monday, March 4: Laurie J. Edwards, Author Blog
2. Tuesday March 5: Keyboard & Camera
3. Wednesday March 6: Ann Eisenstein, Author Blog
4. Thursday March 7: CYNSATIONS
6. Monday March 11: The Brown Bookshelf
7. Tuesday March 12: Carol Baldwin, Author Blog
8. Wednesday March 13: The Neophyte Writer
9. Thursday, March 14: Of Thoughts & Words
There will be a few book giveaways along the way, but you have to visit each stop to find out when and where.
Happy reading…and see you out on the tour!