I’m a writer now, but I didn’t plan on being one when I was young. I thought I was going to be a lawyer. When I went to college, though, I changed my mind and majored in business instead.
Since I worked very hard, I graduated summa cum laude (which is a fancy way to say “I got excellent grades”). After college, I got a job as a medical supplies sales representative. I sold products that hospitals need to perform surgery. I actually got to watch them do surgeries, too. It was very cool.
But I used to have to travel a lot with that job. Once I was a mom, I decided I didn’t want to travel so much anymore. That’s when I became an FTM (Full-Time Mother) instead. Being an FTM is a lot of fun. After a few years, I wanted to add another job, too. I made a list of all the things I was good at doing, and writing was at the top of my list.
Since my children and I LOVE to read picture books, I thought that would be a great type of writing for me to learn. I studied and practiced, and studied and practiced some more. Finally, all my hard work and practice paid off… I sold a book!
That’s the story of how I became a writer and a published author. I hope you like my books. I write them for kids just like YOU.
- I like to draw.
- I like to act and sing, even though I’m not very good at singing anymore.
- I’m afraid of cats.
- I was a Montessori Teacher’s Assistant at my daughters’ school one year.
- I love coloring with brand-new, super-sharp Crayola crayons!
- I don’t like to talk on the phone very much.
- My favorite fruits are sweet peaches, strawberries, and grapes.
- My favorite dessert is Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts, especially when they’re hot.
- Uno is my favorite card game.
- My favorite color is… all the colors of the rainbow!